Home » Eye & Ear Problems » DexOph
Pay with Bitcoin and get 10% discount! Click here.
Brand names: DexOph, Maxidex
Generic name: Dexamethasone and Neomycin Sulfate
Each ml of sterile Dex Oph Eye ear Drops contains
Sodium Phosphate equivalent to DexamethasonePhosphate 1 mg (0.1%) and Neomycin Sulfate 5 mg (0.5%) equivalent to Neomycin Base 3.5 mg (0.35%)
Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate is a synthetic soluble
corticosteroid, 30 times as effective as cortisone. It decreases Inflammation by inhibit phospholipase A2 and the chemotactic migration of leukocytes into the focus of inflammation.
Neomycin Sulfate is bactericidal against a wide variety of pathogenic gram-negative and some gram-positive bacterial and acts by interfering with bacterial protein synthesis.
For the treatment of bacterial infections and inflammatory conditions
of the eye such as conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, and
• Non specific superficial keratitis
• Acne rosacea keratitis
• Mild acute iritis
• Non purulent blepharitis: scleritis, episcleritis:scleroconjunctivitis
For the treatment of bacterial infections and inflammatory conditions of the ear such as external otitis, catarrhal otitis, furuncular otitis.
Dosage & Administration
Eye: 1 - 2 drops topically into the conjuctival sac(s) 4 - 6 times a day.
Ear: 3 - 4 drops into the auditory canal 2 - 3 times a day.
• Do not let the dropping nozzle (lip) contact with anything ego fingers, eyeball. eyelash. eyelids etc as the germs may contaminated the content. Always replace the cap immediately after use.
• Do not use longer than 1 month after first opening.
• Tuberculosis of the eye Fungal disease of the eye
• Acute herpes simplex, vaccinea, varicella and most other viral disease of the cornea and conjunctiva
• Injuries & ulcerating condition of the cornea External otitis with perforated of eardrum
• Hypersensitivity to Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate, Neomycin Sulfate
Prolonged use in the eye may result in increased intraocular presssure, glaucoma, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, disease causing thinning of cornea or sclera and used with caution for ear in the presence of perforations of eardrum
Increased intraocular pressure (Magnitude of increase depends on corticosteroid used, frequency, duration and concentration of administration.), open angle glaucoma, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and field of vision may occur, secondary infections, perforation of the globe, cataract formation.