Sildenafil citrate (ABHIGRA) 100 mg tablet is a PDE5 inhibitor primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension.
Sildenafil is a potent and specific inhibitor of the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) type 5 (PDE5) phosphodiesterase enzyme in the corpus cavernosum that relaxes smooth muscle cells in the pulmonary arteries. Sildenafil restores diminished erectile capacity by increasing blood flow to the penis; however, Sildenafil’s pharmacological effects require sexual stimulation.
- Drug: Sildenafil
- Strength: 100 mg
- Quantity per blister: 10 Tablets
How To Take Sildenafil (ABHIGRA) 100 mg Tablet
Take this medication with or without food. The tablet must be completely dissolved in a glass of water and swallowed.
Take it at the same time each day if possible. It must be taken consistently to be effective.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor or as directed on the label. Take no more or less than your doctor has prescribed. Please do not stop taking it unless instructed to do so by your physician.
Dosage of Sildenafil (ABHIGRA) 100 mg Tablet
Adults: 50 mg approximately one hour before sexual intercourse. A maximum daily dose of 100 mg.
5 mg or 20 mg three times daily for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Missed Dose of Sildenafil (ABHIGRA) 100 mg Tablet
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you frequently forget to take your medication.
Take the missed dose immediately upon recall. If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule.
Under no circumstances should a dose be doubled.
If you believe you may have taken Sildenafil over the recommended dose, seek medical attention immediately.
Overdose symptoms may include the following:
- Prolonged erection
People with the following medical conditions should not take Sildenafil:
- Unstable angina
- Cardiac failure
- Loss of vision in 1 eye because of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- Hypotension (BP <90/50 mmHg)
- Recent history of stroke or myocardial infarction
- Known hereditary degenerative retinal disorders
- Severe hepatic impairment
Sildenafil may have the following side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Eye irritation, pain, and redness
- Nasal congestion
- Skin rashes
- Limb/back pain
- Facial edema
- Fluid retention
- Urinary tract infection
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Urinary frequency or incontinence
- Cerebrovascular hemorrhage
- Transient ischemic attack
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- NAION causing permanent loss of vision
- Retinal hemorrhage
- Myocardial infarction
- Unstable angina
Do not take Sildenafil with the following medicines:
- HIV-protease inhibitors
Always inform your doctor and pharmacist if you take any other medications, including herbal tonics, supplements, or medicines purchased without a prescription.
This is not a complete list of all possible drug interactions with Sildenafil.
How Does It Work?
Sildenafil is a potent and selective inhibitor of the corpus cavernosum’s specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) enzyme, resulting in relaxation of pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cells. Sildenafil restores damaged erectile function by increasing blood flow to the penis; thus, sexual stimulation is required for Sildenafil to exert its pharmacological effects.
Sildenafil is used to treat the following conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient with anatomical deformation of the penis
- Hematological disorders that may predispose to priapism
- Not indicated for pulmonary hypertension secondary to sickle-cell disease
- Mild to moderate hepatic and severe renal impairment
- Children (chronic use)
- Store between 15-30°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Sildenafil that is expired or out of date.
How long does a 100 mg sildenafil last?
- Sildenafil (Viagra) has a half-life of approximately four hours when used to treat ED (erectile dysfunction). Sildenafil reaches its peak concentrations approximately an hour before sex, so it is best to take it 30 to 60 minutes before sex. While it is safe to take it up to four hours in advance, the effects begin to fade after two hours.
What will 100mg of Sildenafil do?
- Sildenafil 100mg (brand name Viagra) is a PDE5 inhibitor that is frequently used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
How many sildenafil 100mg can I take?
- Whether your healthcare provider prescribed sildenafil 25 mg, 50 mg, or 100 mg, you should not take this medication more than once every 24 hours. If you’ve already taken sildenafil and are experiencing side effects, do not take another dose.