Acamprol 333 Mg (Acamprosate)
What Is The Generic Name For Acamprol 333 Mg?
Generic Acamprosate is an anti-seizure medication used to treat seizures associated with epilepsy. It
What brand of acamprosate is equivalent to 333 mg?
Acamprol 333 mg (acamprosate), which
Sun Pharmaceuticals Laboratories, one of the top leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, manufactures Acamprol 333 Mgs.
Acamprol (Acamprosate) 333mg has been approved by the FDA to treat alcohol dependence.
What Are The Uses Of The Acamprol 333 Mg (Acamprosate)?
It helps treat alcohol dependence by reducing cravings for alcohol.
What is acamprosate?
Acamprosate (Acamprol) is used to treat alcoholism. It helps restore the chemical imbalance in the brain caused by excessive drinking. It is available in different strengths at most pharmacies, drug stores, and medical supplies stores.
Before using Acamprol 333 mg (acamprosate), you should know…
- Make sure that you aren’t drinking alcohol.
- Be aware that you shouldn’t take them if you suffer from any liver or kidney problems.
- Your doctor must know about any health conditions you might have.
If you take acamprosate, avoid these things.
- Don’t take this medication if you’re driving.
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
What not to use acamprosate for?
If you’re taking Acamprosate 333mg, you shouldn’t take any other medications unless your doctor tells
- Have any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney disease
- Do not drive or perform any tasks that require your attention if you feel sleepy.
Tell Your Doctor If You
- I don’t want to take this medicine course anymore
- Have an allergy to tablets.
- Do you have any kidney disease or liver disease?
- You’re using alcohol or drugs.
- Are feeling Depressive
- Are You Pregnant or Trying To Get Pregnant
- Are Breastfeeding
What dose of Acamprol 333 mg (Acamprosate)?
Acamprol 333 is available in different strengths at most pharmacies, drug stores, and medical supply stores; patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions to use Acampro 333.
What is Acamprosate?
Acamprosate (Campral) 333 mg dose should always be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor and swallowed as a single unit with plenty of fluid. Do not attempt to break, crush, dissolve, divide, or otherwise alter the tablets. They must be swallowed intact.
If you’re taking acamprosate, for how long should you continue using it?
You are always encouraged to follow the instructions given by your physician. Do not start/end using this medication without consulting your doctor. Do not change the dose or schedule unless instructed by your doctor.
If you experience any symptoms of an overdose, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
It would help if you tried to follow the dosing schedule exactly. If you miss a scheduled dosage, you should get back on track by taking the missed doses as soon as you remember them.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Acamprol 333 Mg (Acamprosate)?
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, you should seek medical help immediately.
- Impaired Thoughts
- Severe Anxiety or Depression
- Mood or Behavior Changes
- Swelling in the Hands and Feet
- Pounding Heartbeats
- Thoughts about Suicide
- Common Side Effects are:
- Itching and Sweating
- Pain and Weakness
- Dry Mouth
- Sleep Problems
- Loss of Appetite
What are common drug interactions?
Some medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements may interact with diseases to produce side-effect or cause your condition to be worse. You should always talk to your healthcare provider if you take other medications. Acamprol 333 mg may interact with these diseases:
Warning And Precaution
Acamprol 333mg is not recommended for people who have any medical condition like:
- Intake with Alcohol
- Kidney and Liver Disease
- Consult your physician for the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the instructions on the label of any medicines you take.
- You need to talk to your doctor if you feel depressed and restless when taking this medicine.
- Consult your physician if you have any doubts concerning the tablet’s dose, time, and/or concentration.
If you take acamprosate (Acamprol) 333 mg daily for the treatment of alcoholism, you must stop drinking completely if you wish to avoid any side effects.