Why is Cernos Testosterone Gel prescribed?
Cernos Gel is a medication used to treat low testosterone-induced male hypogonadism in men. Only men with known medical conditions are given this medication. It aids in the replenishment of male hormone levels. Cernos Gel should only be applied topically. Use it on your arms and shoulders once daily, at the same time every day if possible. Use it in place of medical advice from your doctor.
It is recommended that you continue to take this medication for as long as your doctor has prescribed it to you. Avoid applying the gel to the genital area and avoid using it too frequently. Acne and reactions to the medication’s application site are the most common side effects (burning, irritation, itching, and redness). Tell your doctor if any of these bother you or seem serious to you. It’s possible that they can be prevented or reduced in some way. You may need to stop taking this medication if you experience any of the following side effects: shortness of breath, frequent erections, or a low sperm concentration. Tell your doctor if you’ve ever had high blood pressure, a heart attack, or a stroke before taking this medication. All other medications you are taking should be disclosed to your doctor, as many of them may reduce or alter the effectiveness of this medication. To keep track of testosterone and PSA levels, your doctor may order periodic blood tests.
Uses of Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)
The primary use of Cernos gel is to make up for low levels of the hormone testosterone in the body.
Aside from these benefits, it also helps with medical conditions like:-
- Breast cancer
- Delayed puberty in males
- Gender dysphoria
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Postpartum breast pain
How Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone) works?
Cernos gel works by restoring sex hormone levels that have been lost over time.
As a result, it helps replenish the body’s low testosterone levels and promotes the healthy development of sex hormones.
Benefits of Cernos Gel
Male hypogonadism treatment
When the body doesn’t produce enough testosterone in men, they have hypogonadism (male sex hormone). The injections of Cernos Gel help to raise your body’s testosterone levels. This aids in maintaining a healthy sex life and improve one’s overall physical appearance, a positive outlook, and increased self-esteem. Cernos Gel also aids in bone and muscle growth. Because of the low risk of side effects, this treatment should only be used under the guidance of a physician. Even if you feel better after taking it, you should keep taking it for the prescribed period. Another popular benefit is maintaining muscle or growing your muscle as you were in the teenagers.
About the brand Cernos Gel 1%w/w (Testosterone)
Cernos gel is made in India by Sun Pharma Laboratories and contains testosterone as its primary medicinal component.
About the drug Cernos Gel 1%w/w (Testosterone)
Cernos gel is an androgen medication because it contains testosterone. Testosterone is a primary sex hormone for men, and it is required for the body to develop the sex organs ultimately. Secondary sexual organs and puberty both need it. Cernos gel can help men who are low on testosterone. Supplements are required to restore low testosterone levels in the body. Cernos gel is a testosterone booster for those who are experiencing a decline in their levels. The sex hormone testosterone is essential for developing female sexual organs, even though it is a male hormone. The amount of testosterone required by females is lower than that needed by males.
How to Apply Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)?
Do read the medication guide that comes with Cernos Gel 1% w/w.If you’re still unsure, talk to your physician. Before and after using the gel, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly. As long as your doctor hasn’t explicitly instructed you otherwise, make sure the gel is applied to clean, dry, intact skin on your shoulders, upper arms, stomach, or other parts of your body. Please do not use the gel anywhere on the body without consulting a doctor; always ask the doctor about the best places to apply it. Only clean, dry upper arm and shoulder skin should be treated with the Cernos Gel 1 percent w/w.Don’t use the gel on your abdomen or stomach or your scrotum or penis. Remember that this gel should not be used on any wound, including cuts and scrapes. Allow the gel to dry on the skin after application before donning clothing over it. Wait at least 2-4 hours after using the gel before taking a bath or shower to prevent skin irritation by rubbing or getting in contact with the skin where the gel is applied. Additionally, the medication can be passed on to another person if the gel is applied with bacteria on the hands. As a result, washing your hands both before and after using the medication is highly recommended.
Dosage of Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)
Cernos gel dosage should be followed exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Most people take 50 mg of the medication once daily. Until your doctor tells you otherwise, finish the course and use the gel as directed. If you continue to use it, you will be taking an overdose.
Drug interactions with Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)
Drug interactions with Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone) It is believed that there are approximately 133 drugs that are known to interact with Cernos gel or particularly testosterone. Some of the medications or drugs that are known to interact with Cernos gel, such as Hypertension drugs, Drugs for heart ailment
Cernos gel interacts with several medications, including the following:-
- Hypertension drugs
- Drugs for heart ailment
When not to take Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)?
One condition that makes Cernos gel unsuitable is if you are allergic to testosterone or any other ingredients. Cernos gel interacts with any medication you are taking, including over-the-counter remedies.
Manufacturer of Cernos Gel 1%w/w (Testosterone)
Cernos gel is made by an Indian pharmaceutical company called Sun Pharmaceuticals.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, is home to a large Indian pharmaceutical multinational.
Pharmaceutical formulations and active pharmaceutical ingredients are made and sold by this company.
A total of five psychiatry products and two marketing teams were launched by Mr. Dilip Shanghvi in 1983 when the company was founded.
In Vapi, Gujrat, the company also succeeded in establishing a small drug manufacturing facility.
How to use Cernos Gel
Please only apply this medication directly to the skin. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and duration of treatment with this medication. Before using, make sure you read the directions on the label carefully. Apply the gel after cleaning and drying the afflicted area. After applying, unless your hands are in the affected area, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
How should this medicine be used?
Topical testosterone comes as a gel and solution to apply to the skin. It is usually used once a day. It is best to apply testosterone gel or solution in the morning. To help you remember to apply testosterone topical:
- Apply it at around the same time every day.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
- Use testosterone topical precisely as directed.
- Do not apply more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Testosterone topical products are manufactured differently and are used in slightly different ways. Be sure to know which topical brand you are using and how and where you should apply it. Read the manufacturer’s patient information that came with your topical testosterone product carefully.
If you usually take a bath or shower in the morning, be sure to take your bath or shower before applying topical testosterone products. Read the manufacturer’s patient information about your topical testosterone product to determine when you can wash, shower, bath, or swim after applying the medication.
You should not apply any topical testosterone products to your penis or scrotum or skin with sores, cuts, or irritation.
Be careful not to get testosterone topical in your eyes. If you get testosterone topical in your eyes, wash them right away with warm, clean water. Call a doctor if your eyes become irritated.
Testosterone topical comes in single-use tubes, packets, and a multiple-use pump. The pump releases a specific amount of testosterone each time the top is pressed. Your doctor or pharmacist will tell you how many times to press the pump for each dose and how many quantities your pump contains. Dispose of the pump after you have used that number of doses, even if it is not empty.
Testosterone gel and solution may catch fire. Stay away from open flames and do not smoke while applying testosterone topical until the gel or solution has dried completely.
Your doctor may adjust your dose of testosterone depending on the amount of testosterone in your blood during your treatment.
Testosterone topical may control your symptoms but will not cure your medical condition. Continue to use testosterone topical even if you feel well. Do not stop using testosterone topical without talking to your doctor. If you stop using testosterone topical, your symptoms may return.
To use topical testosterone products, follow these steps:
- Be sure that the skin where you plan to apply testosterone topical is clean and completely dry.
- Open your topical testosterone container. If you are using a packet, fold the top edge at the perforation and tear across the box along the perforation. If you are using a tube, unscrew the cap. If you are using an Androgel® or Volgelxo® pump for the first time, press down on the top of the pump three times. If you are using a Fortesta® pump for the first time, press down on the top of the pump eight times. Always discard the extra medication that comes out after priming the pump down a drain or in a trash can that is safe from children and pets.
- Squeeze the packet or tube or press down on the top of the pump the correct number of times to place the medication on the palm of your hand. It may be easier to apply testosterone gel if you squeeze the remedy onto your palm and apply it to your skin in small portions.
- Apply the medication to the area you have chosen.
- Dispose of the empty packet or tube in a trash can safely, out of the reach of children and pets.
- Wash your hands with soap and water right away.
- Allow the medication to dry for a few minutes before you cover the area with clothing.
Other uses for this medicine
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before using testosterone gel,
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to testosterone, other medications, or any ingredients in topical testosterone products. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants (blood thinners) such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); insulin (Apridra, Humalog, Humulin, others); and oral steroids such as dexamethasone, methylprednisolone (Medrol), and prednisone (Rayos). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you have breast cancer or have or may have prostate cancer. Your doctor will probably tell you that you should not use testosterone topical.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had sleep apnea (breathing stops for short periods during sleep), benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH; an enlarged prostate); high blood levels of calcium; diabetes; or heart, kidney, liver, or lung disease.
- Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of using topical testosterone for 65 years or older. Older men should not usually use topical testosterone unless they have hypogonadism.
- You should know that there have been reports of severe side effects in people who use testosterone at higher doses, along with other male sex hormone products, or in ways other than directed by a doctor. These side effects may include a heart attack, heart failure, or other heart problems; stroke and mini-stroke; liver disease; seizures; or mental health changes such as depression, mania (frenzied, abnormally excited mood), aggressive or unfriendly behavior, hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist), or delusions (having strange thoughts or beliefs that have no basis in reality). People who use higher doses of testosterone than recommended by a doctor may also experience withdrawal symptoms such as depression, extreme tiredness, craving, irritability, restlessness, loss of appetite, inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, or decreased sex drive they suddenly stop using testosterone topical. Be sure to use testosterone topical exactly as directed by your doctor.
Things you should know about Testosterone Gel
- The present study does not concern patients with liver disease. Please discuss the liver disease with your doctor immediately if you have any medical problems.
- Cernos Gel 5gm belongs to pregnancy category X, and women shouldn’t take this drug as pregnancy might cause virilization and affect the female fetus.
- A study was unable to identify patients that have kidney disease. Make sure to speak with your doctor when you have kidney problems.
- I cannot prove that the Cernos 5 gram gels affect car performance. Nevertheless, merely drive or operate machinery when alert.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your regular diet.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double amount to make up for a missed dose.
Side effects of Cernos Gel
The majority of side effects go away on their own as your body gets used to the medication.
If the symptoms persist or you’re concerned, speak to your doctor.
Testosterone topical may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- breast enlargement and pain
- decreased sexual desire
- mood changes
- teary eyes
- dry or itchy skin
- skin redness or irritation
- high blood pressure
Some side effects can be severe. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- lower leg pain, swelling, warmth, or redness
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- nausea or vomiting
- slow or difficult speech
- dizziness or faintness
- weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
- chest pain
- difficulty breathing, especially during sleep
- erections that happen too often or that last too long
- difficulty urinating weak urine flow, frequent urination, sudden need to urinate right away
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
Testosterone topical may cause a decrease in the number of sperm (male reproductive cells) produced, mainly if it is used at high doses. Talk to your doctor about the risks of using this medication if you are a man and have children.
Testosterone may increase the risk of developing prostate cancer. Talk to your doctor about the dangers of using this medication.
Testosterone topical may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while using this medication.
If you experience a severe side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch) or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
Painful or prolonged erection
. For males, in the improbable event you have a painful or prolonged erection lasting 4 or more hours, stop using this drug and get medical help right away, or permanent problems could occur. A severe allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if
you notice any symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, including rash,
Testosterone gel prostate cancer
Some men may wonder whether testosterone replacement therapy and prostate cancer are related, given the prevalence of the disease.
A new study has found that taking testosterone does not increase the risk of developing prostate cancer in men.
What should I know about the storage and disposal of this medication?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
Store topical testosterone products in a safe place so that no one else can use them accidentally or on purpose. Keep track of how much medication is left, so you will know if any is missing.
It is essential to keep all medication out of sight and reach children as many containers (such as weekly pill minders and eye drops, creams, patches, and inhalers) are not child-resistant, and young children can open them easily. To protect young children from poisoning, always lock safety caps and immediately place the medication in a safe location – one that is up and away and out of their sight and reach. http://www.upandaway.org
Unneeded medications should be disposed of uniquely to ensure that pets, children, and other people cannot consume them. However, you should not flush this medication down the toilet. Instead, the best way to dispose of your medication is through a medicine take-back program. Talk to your pharmacist or contact your local garbage/recycling department to learn about take-back programs in your community. See the FDA’s Safe Disposal of Medicines website (http://goo.gl/c4Rm4p) for more information if you do not have access to a take-back program.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Information is also available online at https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can’t be awakened, immediately call emergency services at 911.
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order specific lab tests to check your body’s response to testosterone.
Before having any laboratory test, tell your doctor and the laboratory personnel that you are using testosterone topical.
Do not let anyone else use your medication. Testosterone topical is a controlled substance. Prescriptions may be refilled only a limited number of times; ask your pharmacist if you have any questions.
You need to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
Testosterone gel skin to skin contact
If you’ve applied testosterone gel or solution to your skin, make sure no one touches it.
The area should be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water if you anticipate skin-to-skin contact with another person.
Keep medicines you don’t need—store medication in tightly sealed containers at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. Don’t give the treatment to anyone who also has the symptoms. Get rid of the plastic container of the pump pipe or pump tube unless kids cannot get near it. Ask an independent medical professional how to dispose of the nonprescription pain medicines if necessary. Keep the medication out of children’s reach.
- If you have low testosterone, your doctor has prescribed Cernos Gel for you.
- It’s best to use it in the morning when your skin is fresh and clean.
- Apply a thin layer to clean, dry, healthy skin on the shoulders or upper arms, avoiding the areas where the skin has been broken.
- After it’s dried, put a cloth over the application area to prevent smearing.
- To prevent irritation, avoid using the gel on your genitals.
- While taking Cernos Gel, your doctor may order periodic blood tests to check your hemoglobin, liver function, testosterone, and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels.
- Do not stop taking this medication unless you experience side effects such as frequent or prolonged erections, irritability, nervousness, or weight gain.
- This injection will be given to you by your doctor and will go into either a muscle or the skin.
- Thirty minutes after your shot, your doctor will check to ensure you haven’t developed breathing problems or had a severe allergic reaction to the medication.
- Consult your healthcare professional before taking any drug or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.
- You should get your testosterone levels checked regularly so you know when you have enough testosterone and avoid deficient testosterone levels to more natural testosterone levels in your body.
Testosterone Gel FAQ’s
How quickly does testosterone gel work?
After three weeks, effects on sexual interest peter out and don’t seem to increase any further after that.
The time it takes for erection/ejaculatory changes to take effect can range anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
There is an immediate impact on one’s quality of life, but the full benefits take time to manifest.
Will testosterone gel make me bigger?
With testosterone injection treatment, there was a 5.7% increase in lean body mass and a 10-13% increase in total body strength, leg strength, and arm strength.
Only a 1.7% increase in lean body mass and a 2-5% increase in total body and arm strength were associated with testosterone gel treatment.
What is topical testosterone gel used for?
Adult men with hypogonadism can benefit from the use of testosterone topical to treat their symptoms (a condition in which the body does not.
Warnings and Precautions
Before using testosterone, you will need to tell your doctor or your pharmacist if you have an autoimmune allergy to it. This product might contain inactive substances (like soy), which can cause reactions or other problems. Many patients are at increased risk of developing enlarged prostates or breast cancer through smoking. Children may be more prone to the harmful effects of this drug. Taking morphine can cause dizziness. Always avoid speed at times but always keep an eye on the safest route and use it when necessary. Restriction on alcohol. Talk to your doctor about marijuana use. Produce enough natural testosterone).
Can I purchase testosterone online?
You can buy Testosterone gel, Cernos gel here.
Brand names equivalent to Cernos Gel 1%w/w(Testosterone)